Ever wanted to make your own granola!? Check out this super easy recipe, packed full of flavor and health benefits to improve your gut microbiome!
Breakfast is the foundation of a healthy and productive day, make this simple and delicious treat, part of your daily ritual.
Let’s talk fibre! Your gut microbiome plays a key role in maintaining your overall mental and physical health. Fibre is the fuel to make your beneficial gut microbes thrive!
this only takes 10 minuets to make! One batch of gut-boosting granola lasts me 7 meals and all for the fraction of the cost of buying pre-made and plastic packaged brands.
- A simple way to make a creamy, probiotic rich milk in under a minuet: Simply add a tablespoon spoon of your favourite yogurt into a mason jar 3/4 full of water and give it a good shake. I use coconut yogurt. This is not only good for the GI tract, but also means I have fresh and creamy milk each morning.
- Bulk-stores are a life saver, making all the ingredients needed for this recipe available, for a fraction of the cost and without any need plastic packaging. Google your local store now!
- Nuts are full of beneficial oils, minerals and protein! I use macadamias, a native Australian nut full of healthy fats that are great for your heart health!
- Oat bran is a fantastic source of the fibre, which your gut needs to thrive, as well as essentials such as magnesium and protein.
- Açaí is an ample source of antioxidants, which may help fight aging on the cellular level. As well as being a source fibre and trace minerals such as zinc, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Toasting your coconut flakes in a hot pan (with no oil), until golden brown, gives off a mouth watering aroma and makes your granola that much tastier.
100gm of puffed buckwheat (puffed brown rice is also fine)
2 cups of coconut flakes
2 cups of your favourite died fruit, chopped (I use figs and pitted dates)
1 cup of nuts (I use macadamias)
1 tablespoon of powdered açaí
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of oat bran
Toppings (optional but suggested :P)
A splash of maple syrup
A dollop of coconut yogurt
Chop dried fruit of your choice into small pieces.
Fill a large glass jar half way with puffed buckwheat.
to this add acai, oat bran, chia seed, and chopped indgridents.
with the lid on frimly, Give your jar a good shake to mix the ingredients through.
It's that simple!
Serve with toppings of your choice.